Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breathing deeper with less.

Backpacking has been philosophically inspiring to me. All you need, on your back. Freedom. Ultralight backpacking takes it to another level. No back ache, more miles, more freedom. It’s empowering when you realize you don’t need. You don’t need a pillow, 3 pans, a change of clothes. You don’t need restaurants, a bathroom, entertainment systems. Something about roughing it makes me excited. I find that the more luxuries I have the more lazy, drone like, bored, detached, and restless I feel.  That could be a bit of an exaggeration.. but when I feel the rush of euphoria walking through the trees.. it does not seem like an exaggeration. I find myself talking to God and breathing deeper WITH LESS.
Having as little to no debt is also part of it. Buying land and slowly making a home on it could be one way. It could be wise to buy a foreclosure with a house on it. Rather than paying more than mortgage in rent while we pay off the land to eventually build a yurt. It will all fall into place. Why be debt free? So we can pick up and live on Vincents primitive family farm house in the mountains of Puerto Rico for a winter… of course. Freedom.  Also Freedom to GIVE. It blows my mind how "charitable" the U.S. Gov. is while we are broke as a joke. Collapse is the only logical result.  I want to share REAL wealth.


No comments:

Post a Comment